Monday, January 29, 2007

New SRAM Road Parts


Anyone out there thinking of upgrading parts on your road bike please take notice of this entry. I replaced my Shimano parts on my cyclocross with the new SRAM Rival gruppo.


Needless to say I am quite impressed with SRAM's first offering of road parts. Those of you who know me, know that I have got my glass full of SRAM Kool-Aid, but really this stuff is so nice.


First of all, early in my tenure of working at a bike shop, mechanics and bike builders would tell me parts that have any quality are going to be easy to install on the bike and therefore "dial it in." I don't pretend to be a mechanic, but I felt like a pro-jock installing these parts on my cyclocross. The process did not take as long as I had thought, and once I got the parts on my bike, they were easy to adjust and blammo I was off ridin' my bike.


Second, and most important, the thing I love about SRAM's mountain parts is that they possess 1:1 actuation. What 1:1 actuation means is that for every movement of the shifter, the derailleur moves in exact accordance to the shifter. Therefore, shifting is lightnin' fast! SRAM road parts possess the same 1:1 actuation ratio, which makes the shifting very quick and crisp.


So, if you are satisfied with everything on your road bike, but want to upgrade your parts, I highly recommend giving the SRAM Rival or Force gruppo a try, you will not be disappointed!
For more information, visit www.willyoumaketheleap.com or www.sram.com

mach5

4 comments:

KimC said...

Good info-thanks for the post!

worldclassfad said...

Hey mach 5,

How spensive' is that Sram stuff you're spoutin'bout? Beep beep.

mach5 said...

dear worldclassfad:
rival shift lever set: $350.00
rival brakes: around 175.00 (front and rear)
rival r. der: 109.99
rival f. der: 50.00
rival cranks: around 200.00
rival cogs: 95.00 (10 speed)
10 sp chain: around 50.00
quality of ride : priceless, and beep to you

MarvinK said...

I'm pretty sure the road stuff isn't 1:1.. it isnt compatible with SRAM mountain stuff or any Shimano pulls.

I've been thinking about getting Force, but leaving out the trim feature on the front was a real mistake. Also, heads up for anyone with a Shimano 10spd wheel--if you have the newer alloy freehub body, SRAM cassettes aren't compatible (but Shimano cassettes work with SRAM)